Sunday, August 07, 2011

Back But Not Back.

So I'm back. Back in the land of shopping malls, cable TV, air-conditioning, hot showers, bath tubs, wall to wall carpeting, washers, dryers, phones, grocery stores, running water, paved roads, yards with grass, trash pick up, firefighters, computers, internet, cell service, closets full of clothes, shelves full of books and odds and ends and stuff.... so so so much stuff.

But... i'm not back. I can still close my eyes and exist in that other world. - still enjoy the Milky Way, the sounds of the birds and frogs and crickets and Mot-mots as i fall asleep and wake and all through the day, bike rides to the pyramids, sketching and mapping caves simply oozing with history, walks to the tienda for a strawberry soda, fixing everyone pancakes on the weekend, hiking out thru the monte, stretching out in my hammock after a hard days work, lessons for words in Spanish and Maya, people and kids that smile and wave and invite you into their homes for no other reason than to be friendly.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Alanna said...

Just Found Your Blog! Looking Forward to Reading more. I am currently a Graphic Design Student and I am very interested in the Art of Letterpress (also I'm a photography minor) :) I would love to hear from you and thanks for sharing some great stuff on here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home