Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Ugliest Thing Ever Award

I'm officially giving this the Ugliest Thing Ever Award.

I believe this is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. So ugly in fact that I felt the need to covertly photograph it and warn people about it - lest it jump out at you when you least expect it. A molded burl chicken?! It isn't even real burl - not that wood would naturally grow in the shape of a chicken or anything - but I feel very sorry for the poor Chinese worker who had to waste part of his or her life pouring the mold and then painting this horrible monstrosity - only to have Hobby Lobby slap it on one of their shelves for $39.99!

Seriously... $39.99? A frackin' burl chicken?! You couldn't PAY ME to take this thing home! I think I'm going to go get ill now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger M.C. said...

Eww...it looks like it's covered in canker sores. Bleh!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Anne said...

LOL, I was thinking acid burns, more than canker sores, actually, but that would work, too. :)

And speaking of supremely odd birds, I was in Publix today and there were sculpted butter turkeys in the butter/margarine section. I was going to take a photo, but it was too busy for me to be subtle about it.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Don't be subtle!! Go for the gusto.

And ewww. Gross. Canker sores and acid burns. Those descriptions make it even ickier.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Well, this monstrosity really defies subtle descriptions...

And you have to wonder, what on earth was they buyer for Hobby Lobby thinking when they picked this out?!

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Now we know what to get you for christmas ! A full farm yard animal set of burl animals.
But would it ever replace the dowery animals ?
Glenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home