Friday, October 03, 2008

Hanging out to Dry


So the other day when I decided to actually hang the laundry out to dry instead of using the dryer (go green!) I hauled the line out, grabbed the bag of clothespins and tromped out into the back yard, only to loose half the clothespins in the grass because there was a huge hole in the cheap fabric-ish bag. It had to have dry rotted or something because all I had to do was poke at it a bit and the whole thing was in pieces. I pitched the clothespins in the basket with the wet laundry and went inside going directly to the fridge to write "clothes pin bag" on the grocery list.


Yesterday I wrote something else down on the list and thought...you know, I could make a clothespin bag as easy as buying it in the store, couldn't I? ( jeez...how domestic does that sound. Hope this post doesn't ruin my tough caver image....LOL!) That way it won't be ugly - like the one that fell apart - and it hopefully WON'T fall apart - and I can make it in whatever cool fabric I see fit. Couldn't take that long, right? I could wing it. So I did. I recycled - and tore the wire (that hooks onto the clothesline) off what was left of the old bag, used pliers to pry out the grommets, picked out fabric, measured, cut it, found a little "Brina Bat" tag in a bin, and finally thought it'd be fun to add some quirky circles for decoration. I even used the button hole setting on my sewing machine for the very first time - that was kinda cool. And now I have a fun little clothespin bag that won't fall apart any time soon.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You keep this up and we will have to get the laundry cart and clothes bin basket for you from M&D. Paul can tell yuou some great stories of hanging laundry from it.
Glenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home