Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still More from Florida

Just a few more pics from Florida and I'll be all caught up....except for the cave/camping trip.

While I was down there we went to lunch with some cousins - Joe and Rosalie. They are always such a delight - such wonderful fun to be around. Joe is an artist - as in - makes his living as an artist - which is a pretty amazing thing really. I can only hope to dream about one day being THAT successful! I snuck a photo of this great two-paneled painting in his dining room of Robert Redford and Paul Newman (pretty sure its from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid). Its different colored stripes, and amazing to look at up close and then at a distance.


My folks and our cousins.


My Dad discovered he'd forgotten his watch... so....we improvised.


I kept asking him what time it was till it was correct. (It was after all correct twice.)


I had to helped draw the buckle.


My Dad and I with the crazy banana bread pudding thing that the 5 of us split because it was so huge... ugh - so yummy!

I was able to visit with a few friends - not everyone as I'd hoped to - but I ran into Anne rather randomly at the BAM - which was wonderful - caught up with Jennie at the 24 hour Starbucks, got to visit with Joy for a couple hours - and hung out with Nick and Rebecca, Adam and Roxy for dinner and a "watch out for those trunk-down elephants - they'll do you in poorly toupeed Nicholas Cage movie" (Bangkok Dangerous). Everyone that I missed - I'm sorry - but I'll be back for Christmas!




My next stop before coming home was St. Augustine for an official transcript from Flagler, a jaunt around campus for some pictures, and then a quick stop at the Castillo.


Many an afternoon and evening from 1996-2000 was spent right here, sitting on the rough coquina.

After the afternoon in St. Augustine I was able to spend a couple days in Jacksonville visiting with Laura and Annamaria. And a good time was had by all!

There was a bit of toy organization...


And then there was food...


And last but definitely not least - hot mama's in aprons!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

who are those hot chicks in aprons??? ;)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

I know!! Man are they hot stuff!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Anne said...

You know, I had my camera with me when we ran into each other. Stupid me didn't even think to pull it out and document our surprise run-in!! Alas.

The aprons are very swanky, by the way. And where do you get your models? :)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Actually - You can pick them up on street corners in JAX.

And you know what - stupid me too - I had my camera also!! DUH!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Wow...next time I'm looking for apron models, that's where I'll go. :)

And hopefully we can remedy the photo situation over Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home