Friday, September 19, 2008

Mod Podge Madness


So when I was visiting with Laura and Annamaria in JAX, we walked into Anthropologie before we got dessert at the Cheesecake Factory and perused - because for the most part that's all you can aford to do there - just peruse. Anthropologie is where they tried on those fun aprons that were in the last post. Anyway we saw these cute box canvas prints - please keep in mind I said PRINTS - for $108. Our conversation went something like this:

AM: Oh look at those - they're fun.
Laura: Yeah... I really like that one (points to one)



Me: (taking a closer look) Holy Crap! They're $108! You've got to be flippin' kidding me!
AM: WHAT?!
Laura: Wo.
Me: And they're PRINTS! Its not even original artwork!
AM: How'd they make it?
Me: Cut fabric, paper, a bit of decopage glue, a bit of good photography and then printed it on canvas and stapled it to the frame... easy.
AM: Hm. (nodds while thinking)
Me: Oh I could SO totally MAKE one of those. And it would be original too - with real fabric and everything, albeit with a bit of my style thrown in.
Laura: Ok - make me one.
AM: Oh! Me too.
Me: (takes photos of all three pieces)

So I figure - its like an art challenge - And the challenge has been accepted.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

Ohhhhh MYYYY. isn't THIS intriquing!!! i am so excited!! :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Thought you would be!!! ( :

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Oooo, fun project!!! I bet you'll come up with something amazing, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home