Thursday, August 14, 2008

Change is in the Air

So this is me, right now, at work.


Tomorrow is my last day at BakerWoodward. I'm quitting which is scary and exciting all at the same time. Scary because it feels like I'm jumping off a foggy cliff - not really knowing how far below me the water is. I've been wanting to take some classes for a while now - some web design - some English - maybe even go for a Masters. I also want to try my hand at some letterpress work and freelance a bit while I take classes. This was not a decision I made light of - its one that's been carefully considered and pondered for over a year now. I figure I've got this one life and I finally have the opportunity to really jump in and do this for real instead of just dreaming. So I wrote my letter of resignation two weeks ago. It was VERY hard to tell my boss and my co-workers of my decision. (actually took me three tries to walk into my boss' office) It felt like I was letting them down. But they all understand and are happy for me. Over the past 5 years I've become comfortable and accustomed to everyone's quirks and working styles. I will very much miss the folks that made BakerWoodward feel like family. Thanks guys, for everything, for the imprint you made upon my life and the friendship you've given me.

I'm stepping up to the edge now and all I can see is fog. Its sink or swim time.

Amanda, my boss Craig, (my other bosses Jon & Lee - not pictured) me, Jim, Shane, Jared and Mary.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger Karisse said...

I'm proud of you. I'm sure you will SWIM. :) (and some times fog can be kinda fun...it always clears up too.) :) I'm "raising a glass" to your dreams. :)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Bo said...

Best of luck! I know it's scary. Congratulations.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That's phenomenal. A college friend of mine suggested I quit work to write recently, and it is a scary thought, but I'm getting to the point where you were--that there's only this one life. As Karisse said, you will do amazingly!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

swim!swim!swim!!! see you soon! i am so proud of you!
XOXOX

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger M.C. said...

You can do it, Brina!!!

(Also, there is a spelling error in the fourth word bubble. That is bugging the heck out of the English major in me!)

-Christin

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Karisse said...

Um. where did you go? No more posts?

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

So... I've finally surfaced!!

I have to say - I was no the one who made the little quote bubbles...nor can I fix them actually...

And this is the first time I've gotten on the web in 3 weeks I think - EEEKKK! Post coming soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home