Wednesday, July 09, 2008

This Tomato's for You!


As part of the geo-event for the wedding in May, Paul and I worked on "Jolly Green's garden," Paul cutting out the gigantic veggies I drew on some great used corrugated sign material I recycled from work. Laura commented that she thought it was a gyp that I didn't do a tomato. While my parents were here visiting this past week, I was able to draw a second set of veggies including a tomato (well a tomato is a fruit actually). My Dad held the huge plastic boards down while I jig-sawed them all out. I always forget how fun it is to work with power tools.... they're so empowering. When my Dad reminded me to be careful I told "Always" and then promptly reminded him I did cut through some non-structural studs with a circular saw to make a serving window from the kitchen to the dining room in the house in St. Augustine - all by myself. Yes, I was holding the saw above my head, against the wall but I'm pretty sure I was wearing safety glasses Ok, fine - dangerous and empowering. I haven't lost any fingers yet. Anyway....

Sunday afternoon I was able to paint all of the additional veggies and disperse them as the backers for our garden. So Laura - this tomato's for you!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH POWER TOOLS !!! Next time you come to visit I will let you run Mr. Stihl, 50.2 cc of raw 2cycle power. Of course you will have to wear the safety gear. Thats more power than most of the scooters on the road. You can just feel all of that testosterone can't you.
Glenn

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

Awwwwww, beanie!!!!! You are so sweet. You make me smile!!!! Thanks for the TOMATO!!! smooches girly!! :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Veggies!

I think one of the things I like about stained glass class is that you get to use all sorts of cool things like cutting tools, buffers and soldering irons. It doesn't feel like a wimpy hobby.

I like sanding and staining furniture, too! I haven't moved into playing with saws,yet, though.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture does give us a better perspective of how tall the sunflowers are. Karen's new native flower beds are getting eaten up by the deer and the rabbits.
Glenn

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

The Sunflowers have grown probably another foot by the way... they are CRAZY TALL now! And the bees love them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home