Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lavender the Lovely Little Monster

Lavender hiding in the garden amongst her favorite purple vegetable: eggplant.

I'd read a great post/tutorial earlier in the week over at Lucky Beans - Simple Monster Softie and was inspired! I needed to make a monster. I chose a great 100% cotton bed spread my Mom had owned in her first apartment that had been reduced to a junk blanket for the main fabric. When I discovered it last year full of holes in my Dad's truck I pilfered it so I could salvage what was still ok. The woven pattern and great purple color was just too fun to not use. I cut out her general shape late last week, bought some felt, and stitched her up late Sunday. I decided I wanted two eyes, some fangs and a dark purple tongue and then decided to make Lavender the Lovely Little Monster a little skirt with the great woven border and used a small scrap to make the added pocket.

A little detail of her pocket. I think she turned out rather cute, don't you?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is really cute, but you have to watch out for those fangs! I can't sleep nights.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really getting exhausted now. I briefly fell asleep the other night to only sense something moving around on the bed. When I awoke, there was Lavender at the end of the bed with eyes aglow and a strange sort of grin.... Dare I ever sleep again. She seems to be holding me hostage for comments...

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The situation is becoming desperate. I awoke to find Lavender mere inches from me last night. Won't someone please send help.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight...heheheeee

- Lavender

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to evade this devious "sweet" little monster the other night. However, I can tell she has a grand plan. I'm more than exhausted now and am considering going into the witness protection program just so I can get some sleep. Please someone comment on this blog. I think that will stop her.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might or might not visit you tonight... got to keep my biggest fan on his toes...

- Lavender

 

Post a Comment

<< Home