Monday, June 09, 2008

Blue Springs Grotto Trip

Everyone at the entrance to Blue Springs.

Some gypsum and a cute little cave cricket.

A beautiful section of gypsum. You should have seen the "tripod" I used for this... I think we had about four packs stacked on top of each other for this, so I could take it without a flash.

A nice little gypsum crystal curl.

The "cat" tracks.

A bit of coral, a bit of gypsum. Note the coral in the lower right, eroded flat and covered in the gypsum crystals.

Patrick and Jimmy somewhere in the ridiculously long crawl.... if I remember correctly you crawl the length fo 2 football fields. (two photos were stitched together for this one)

Me in the ridiculously long crawl.

Michelle coming up out of the entrance.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a great time in this cave, was my first with the group and was an exhausting but exciting journey...went to Snail Shell this past weekend and had a blast but my pics didn't come out :(. Can't wait for next month's trip!!!

A.J.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip. You definitely picked one of the more challenging trips to start with. Snail Shell is really incredible too. I'm sorry I missed it, but wanted to spend my Sat above ground. ( :

 

Post a Comment

<< Home