Friday, February 29, 2008

Muddy Snippet

Happy Leap Day folks! Hope everyone spends the day that comes once every 4 years doing something that makes them happy!

Jack took this photo of me climbing out of a cave a few weeks ago. Its fairly rare for me to get mud on face, so I thought I'd share. Can't claim the slime-fest that the grotto had in the Crossings crawl on the 9th. But Um..... Yeah. This was pretty darn muddy. My boots collected so much mud I kept having to scrape the tops off. For you non-cavers - surveying and mud don't mix very well. Juggling a nice clean survey book and a pencil while crawling through peanut butter mud and up into partial canyon is not exactly the easiest thing ever. When its done and over with - I always remember the fun time. But while you're doing the limbo under a protrusion, with a survey book jammed in your mouth (trying not to laugh or your drool even more on the pages) and your gloves tucked under your arm because they're too gooked to put back on, you tend to grumble a bit. I sure did. But then I look at this picture and realize how lucky I was to have been in that mucky cave, on that very day, surveying with friends. And I laugh.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Anne said...

What a great picture of you! And happy Leap Day to you, too. I'm not sure working qualifies as fun, but I am going to a friend's wedding tonight. :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 'Brina!

Good photo and a nice blog too. Enjoy surveying caves while you can. You will never get to know a cave better than while surveying.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

You are TOO cute. i love you even when you are mucky and muddy!!!! :)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Bo said...

What a great, genuine, jump-off-the-screen smile!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger WayneH said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home