Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dude, I'm so LOST.


Up until last month I had not watched a single episode of LOST. Three whole years without ever having watched a single second of the show. Really dude. I'm totally not kidding.

While visiting Laura and AM and Holly and all their crew in January - Eric had the brilliant idea to suggest watching the first couple episodes of LOST. They had the first two seasons on DVD so he innocently popped in the first disc. Next thing I remember it was long past midnight, Laura had cached in her chips an episode or two ago, and I was sitting on their couch with a totally shocked look on my face going "WO." I took their DVDs hostage.

I was really good at first, patient really. Once I got back home I watched all those previously viewed episodes with Paul so he could catch up and we'd been watching 1-2 episodes every night. That is .... up until the beginning of this week.

I think we got to the second season finale/season premiere of season 3 and I couldn't hold back anymore. Paul had an early morning so he took a shower and went to bed. I told myself I'd watch one more - just to find out what happens. That night I fell unconscious into my bed at 3 am after burning through 5 more episodes. Uh....Ooops. Every night since I've watched as many episodes (3-5) as I could stand until my eyes started slamming shut.

I'm three episodes away from the season three finale. James (go Jasper, AL!) just choked "Tom Sawyer" at the Black Rock. It is Jin's baby and Sun will die in about 2 months. Freckles just told Jack and Juliet about parachute Naomi and they've just listened to Ben and Juliet's taped messages. Buggy-eyed-Ben just shot Locke and left him for dead in the decomposing pile of Dharma initiative folks after he met freaky "Help Me" Jacob. Phew.

Last night as I fell into dreams I thought - you know - I think the "natives" on the island are actually the survivors of that crazy old ship - that one dude that met the young Ben in the jungle hasn't aged a flippin day even though now it looks like Ben and he are the same age! The island is like the fountain of youth. But then again Locke's Dad made it sound like it was H-E- double hockey sticks - and the whole rest of the world thinks everyone on Oceanic flight 815 is dead?!

Over the past month tons of random thoughts from 3 years of LOST have been bouncing around in my head - things like • I love how they cut straight to the action - bypassing the missed minutes used for the normal intros • Ok, Hawaii, sooner or later I gotta go there - the eye candy in the first season is phenomenal! • Jack's tatoos are the real deal - but they don't translate to what was said in the show • Locke is a bad-ass • Charlie was funny in the first season, a bit squirely in the second and brooding in the third • "You didn't hear about the polar bears?" Jack is Mr. Angst • Widescreen TV shows are the bomb • Sawyer is a jack ass • Sawyer's kinda cute, in a red-neck Alabama kind of way • Nope, Sawyer is a jerk again • "Dude." • I can't believe Jack's never going to find out that... Ana Lucia was with his Dad the day he died... or that Claire is his half-sister and he's an Uncle! • Sorry Michael - even with your construction expertise - there's no way you can say "this is a load bearing wall" in a cave • "Chain gang looks good on you" • Did they really have to kill of Libby? • Trust no one - oh wait that's left over from X-Files • Don't trust the Others • The numbers are bad - 4 8 15 16 23 42 Flashbacks - cool - its two stories in one • Ugh! Flashbacks suck - get back to the island • What's up with Desmund loosing all his clothes when the hatch blew? Why didn't he get burned? • "I'm a bloody rock star!" • Cages and Fish Biscuits, eh? • Jorge García pretty much plays himself as Hurley • What the heck is that black smoke monster - and why is Locke the only one who's got an understanding with the thing? • "Are you going to beat me with your Jesus stick?" • Did Michael and Walt really get away? • 5 seconds • So if the island has healing powers why did Boone bite it? • What's up with the black horse? • Alex is Shena's daughter • Did Jack win that very first golf tournament? • Sawyer has a nickname T-shirt on cafe press • Aw come on - why can't Jack and Kate get together? Why?! Why?!


So now I'm really close to catching up with the rest of the world. Right now I'm really spoiled having watched three years of LOST without commercials, one right after another. Just a few more episodes and then I'll have to buy the 3 or 4 episodes of season 4 off iTunes and then I don't know how I'm going to handle having to wait a whole week at a time to get another LOST fix.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

Welcome, Welcome. Mwahahahaha! This show is wonderful, wonderful torture! I love it and hate it all at the same time. They give you everything and nothing. They give and take away. Sigh. I'm glad that you've joined me on the island. Just you wait until the last episode, Henry Higgins. Just you wait. The Looking Glass (isn't that what it's called). And OH my WORD season 4 has me SO wondering what the H-E-double Hockey Sticks is going on! (I loved this post, btw!)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

HA. Ha. HAAAA!!!
i knew you'd be hooked.
when you get all caught up, then you have to start checking out www.losteastereggs.blogspot.com They do all sorts of screencaps and enlarged pictures to try and figure things out. Its soo addictive!!!!!
Can you girls imagine if this show had been on when we were in college!? OHHH the television nights together - all of us freaking out and screeching in the rotunda together. ahhhhh.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Oh, you have no idea....season 4 is already messing with our heads, and we're only a few in. Saying much of anything at this point has no purpose, b/c I have NO CLUE where they are taking us...and it's fabulous. Welcome to the jungle, um, island. :)

I know a lot of people who started out with LOST and then lost patience with it and quit. Then there are the rest of us who just got more and more addicted. :)

Hawaii, btw, is just as gorgeous as it looks on tv. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger M.C. said...

MwaHAHAHAHA!

One of US!

One of US!

One of US!

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies!

Did you know there are LOST action figures as well?

I am so asking the Birthday Aardvark for a Locke and Hurley action figure.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger M.C. said...

Oh, and more random trivia to wrap your brain around:

I am trying to figure out if it is coincidence or if the writers have an obsession with Tallahassee,FL references in LOST.

Every main character in LOST, there is a street with their last name in Tallahassee.

Not to mention the constant references to Tallytown.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Anne said...

There are really LOST action figures?! I must see! :)

And Why Tallahassee? Well, we all know Tallahassee is awesome!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Bo said...

I've never seen it. I thought it was a reality show until really recently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home