Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ahhh...Black and White Film

There's just something beautiful about black and white photography with actual film. I think its the purest form of photography in this all-digital age. Black and White is hard as heck to do correctly and not have washed out gray photos - could be the gray subject, the gray day, the gray shadows - but when you find a happy medium of contrast for everything - Black and White can be absolutely jaw-droppingly brilliant!

I pulled out my Dad's trusty old Minolta SLR a few weeks back because I felt I needed to shoot some real black and white film. Last time I'd shot a good roll of B/W was in college photography class. (um... yeah... that'd be about 10 years ago). I gave it a whirl - with my pooch as the relaxed model, a bit of late afternoon light and a few guessed f-stops. The results were not too shabby - here are some of my fav's:




If you're in a Black and White mood Unclaimed Mysteries has some really phenomenal B&W infrared photography. And then Realms of Reality just added some Black and White recently!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

I love these!

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you manage to get her to sit still for photo's ? The photo's look really good. We miss getting to take her for walks.
Glenn

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

We were just enjoying the the pretty afternoon together. I sat down in the grass and she just wandered over and sat down to hang out next to me. It was as easy as that.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you can sit in the grass this time of year !! If you were here you would be getting just a bit of a chill. We just had ice crystals hitting the windows an hour ago.
Glenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home