Thursday, February 21, 2008

1524.5 miles Part III - Webster, FL


Webster is a town in Florida that's only around for two things: 1. to sell cattle and 2. to quench peoples thirst for other's junk. Every Monday empty stalls are packed with wholesale goods, truck loads of fruits and vegetables appear and dusty field become a front where folks can buy, sell and bargain for anything. My Dad and I like rooting through flea markets and MLK weekend is one of Webster's biggest Mondays. So we found ourselves on this brisk FL morning heading out before sunrise to enjoy a day in the flea market trenches.

My Dad inspecting some interesting 60's Modern cups.

We thought about bringing this beauty home... (LOL!)

Me with the most spectacular exhibit of vontage signage that I've seen! (I am a graphic designer after all - hence - I'm a sucker for old signs.)

The scariest shamrock green relish I've even seen. Anyone else think whoever added the food color might be color blind? I think I'll stay away from their "House Recipe."

My Dad was a bit weirded out by the color too but he ate his hot dog anyway. He hasn't mentioned any side effects.....yet....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool shot with the signs! I love them too.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

I see that you have some new word crack. LOVE IT. He just wrote 2 new books (of 4) that go along with the trilogy. I'm trying to hold myself back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home