Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm It

So I got tagged by my bestest roomie, Laura. She's hitting me up for 7 weird/strange items about myself.

The rules of the game:
*Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So I guess things like "I have an 1800lb. letterpress named Preston in my garage" and "I like to go in deep dark holes in the and swing from ropes in pits hundreds of feet off the ground on the weekends" would kind of be a bit blazié since if you read my blog regularly you already know that about me.

Gee Laura, only 7? Seems a bit scant don't you think?

1. I don't like chocolate. There are some exceptions to this (oreos & tootsie rolls) mainly because they don't taste like chocolate. So I don't care for candy bars, chocolate cake, icing or fudge. I do like white chocolate - but there's no cocao in it. When I tell people I don't like chocolate I always get really strange looks and actual exclaimations like; "Are you sure you're female?!" and "What are you a communist?!" Yes I am a female and no last time I checked I wasn't a communist - I just don't like chocolate.
2. I still haven't decided what I want to do "when I grow up." Hopefully I never will. There are just way too many options.
3. I am the very last person to carry my family surname. Meaning - my dad is the only son of an only son and I'm an only child. So the family name will die with me. Pretty depressing really.
4. If I don't go caving two weekends in a row I start really missing it. Almost like withdrawal - the earthy smell - the climate - the sport - the challenge of it. And I have a pair of googly-eyes glued to the back of my caving helmet - so yes I do have "eyes in the back of my head" - at least while I cave anyway. OK so that was two for the price of one.

totally stolen from - Taneushka

5. If I see something that can be recycled in the trash at work I will pull it out and toss it in the recycle bin. And then I go scrub my hands really really well. There's no excuse in not recycling, especially when the recycle bit is about 4 feet away from the trash bin.
6. Like Laura - I talk in my sleep too. And sometimes I sit up and point and do other things. (Which makes me wonder if we had conversations in our sleep while we were roommates at Flagler? Maybe I'd catch the imaginary purple spiders she was diving under the covers to hide from. ) Until this past Saturday night I don't think I'd ever done any sleep walking. But according to Paul I got up and started petting the dog... in my sleep. I totally don't remember any of it. Um yeah - totally freaky!! I'm hoping I don't make a habit of it.

7. I have every single movie ticket stub from every movie that I've ever seen in the movie theatre since about 1989, in order from oldest to latest, with who I went to go see the movie with written on the back all in a small wooden cigar box. I have no idea why I started keeping track of all of them like this. They used to be just piled in the box, but several years back I organized them by date. It was kind of fun to look at how many movies I've seen and with whom. Now when I go to see a new movie I just put it on the top of the neat rubber-banded stack.

Now - who to TAG? I think I'll have to tag Christin, (because she's cool like that), Anne (because she needs a new post on her blog), Joy (same reason), Unclaimed Mysteries, Bo (just because he's cool), Jen and Chuck (because it'd be fun), Arvid and Lotta (in English please) and then Karisse (because I want to know some happy/quirky things about her)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

haven't some of the movie tickets faded beyond legibility? i kept a LOT of mine, but they got so faded i couldn't see what they were for anymore. (Like the X Files one I had in my wallet for YEARS after i saw it with YOU!) I am happy to say that the only weird thing i didn't know about you was the eyeballs on the back of your helmet thing. :)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I take stuff out of the trash and toss it into the recycling bins at work, too!

And does that mean that you still have the ticket stub from my 16th birthday when we went to see "My Father the Hero?" Who knew that Catherine Heigl would be so popular 14 years later? :)

And yes, I will post answers to the 7 questions on my blog.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Oh wow - I forgot I made you go see it! You know there's supposed to be a new XF movie...
There are only a couple that have faded - but all of them are still legible!

And yes - I probably still do have the "My father the Hero" ticket.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Of course I remember you.
I love all that quirky stuff, and it doesn't surprise me a bit - you were always a cool chick! It's so nice to hear from you and how you are doing. It doesn't seem like all that long ago when we were all back at Flagler, before reality and before Kids (my ultimate reality)!
Did I mention we now live in Nashville. We like it, but miss the beach. Thanks for writing. Visit again soon. I need the motivation to blog. Ha!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Glad you remember me JP! Love the pics of your house! I miss the water too although I figure its a trade for mountains... ( : Will add your blog link to my list! And will try and visit often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home