Tuesday, December 04, 2007

100% Lead


Triple S Letterpress was up and in full swing on Saturday and Sunday; Preston got a good work out. Between my Printer's Devil (Paul) and I we worked 32 hours.

Saturday we managed my mom and dad's Christmas cards, and ours too. Paul pulled and hand set all of our type while I did the make-ready and printing.

Neenah Columns cover weight stock - silver ink - my dad's linoleum block cut.

My parent's card turned out really well. The silver ink looks fantastic on the red columns stock.

Wouldn't you know it that the very first year that I'm able to actually print my very own Christmas card that I would have a complete mental block on what to draw!? So I worked up a little poem with Paul's help. We set it in Piranesi, and picked out a cool holly border for the front, and then I mixed a nice metallic green for the ink color.

The interior we set in Piranesi Italic with a couple of star dingbats. I feel like I need to work on next year's artwork now - so I can send off for a magnesium plate and have it in time to print.

Sunday I turned out bags for Jen's Redstreake Gallery, Paul sorted type and we started a cool layout for my Dad's business card (don't say anything to him - its a surprise for Christmas!) that I'll print in the next couple weeks.

Paul sorting type.

Jen's fantastic linoleum cut all inked and ready.

The finished Redstreake bags.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

These look so beautiful! AND it looks like you are having tons of fun making them! :) And I like seeing your new word crack photo! All my students are leaving tonight so I should have LOTS of time to devote to MY word crack! :)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Thanks Karisse! Yep - just started Black - I think I'm up to chapter 4 now. Its holding my attention nicely...(so much so I was all ready for bed at Midnight - and then decided to start it last night and found myself looking at the clock - 1:30 am)

So have you started your word crack yet?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

oooooh Beanie's Christmas card is one of the things i look forward to the MOST every year!!!! hooray! XOXOXO

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I our time there was short at Thangsgiving but that would have been a fun activitie. Helping take the finished product to the drying area. It was neat getting to see the press run even if it wasn't actually printing. We sure miss you two was nice getting to visit.
Glenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home