Friday, July 27, 2007

Playing Catch-up #2

I apparently maxed out how many photos you could stick in one post so the story is continued here....

We also made the trip to see the Rosenbaum's House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

This is my B-day card tree. Previously bought and used for Christmas cards, it was so pretty Paul and I decided to leave it up year-round, and then when some birthday cards arrived I figured it could hold a bit of birthday cheer!

The garden is overrun with tomatoes at the moment. And Paul and I had a plethora of pretty green, purple and yellow beans last week. The corn is almost ready to harvest and cucumbers are still sprouting out all over the vines. This is my first time that I can remember successfully growing carrots though - not to mention cool little round ones!

The HCRU Tyrolean was the 14th, which was, as always, awesome! DeSoto was a bit on the low-flow side, but you still heard enough of a bubbling roar to know its a good sized waterfall. Got to do some swimming down in the splash pool and then climbed out the high side (100 or so feet). Paul got a couple photos of swimming out to the rope and then climbing. Man what a beautiful view when you climb it, you're well away from the wall and you've got plenty of time to look around if you frog.


Phew. I think I'm caught up now.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

DANG woman. you managed burgers, asian cuisine, wedding, birthday, printing press, vegetables, and rope climbing (and then some) all in one (two-part) post. i am wicked impressed. thanks for the update. i was going to be crazy disappointed if i was still looking at harry potter news when i opened your blog!! :)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Well I'm a rotten friend. I've known you since third grade, so you'd think I'd remember your birthday....50 lashes with a wet noodle for me!! And happy belated birthday!

Echoing Laura: very impressive, indeed! I love the card tree, and I have to say that your parents are looking great! What did your Mom's personal stationary look like?

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

You can see the bright green envelopes in the photo of my Mom at the press. We printed the return address on the back flap. The cards were white panel cards with matching green ink - her full name beneath a fun little square dingbat of a leafy vine. The green ink was a mix of green and silver - so it was a bit on the shimmery side - Really pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home