Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Harry Potter Mania


I still need to play catch up - with a trip to St. Louis, and my birthday and some Preston printing and the HCRU Tyrolean (oh - and the Huntsville Grotto newsletter too!), but for now its some more Harry Potter mania. Paul and I are reviewing all of the movies (even though there are some discrepancies and a few major flaws) in hopes to update ourselves before the release of the final Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It even sounds final doesn't it? Paul's madly rereading the 6th book right now and giving me a cliff notes version in between him reading some chapters aloud in between watching the movies. I'm half tempted to purchase the 6th book on CD - which would be the only possible way I could "read" it before Friday evening. I've only read it one time and the details are a bit rusty. Paul and I will be in the frenzied line at Barnes and Noble this Friday evening waiting with the rest of the world to learn of Harry's fate. I'd like to dive on in and read it through to the last word (Rowling says it's "scar") but then again I feel as if I need to really savour it because with the closing of the back cover Harry's world will be closed to Muggles like us forever. Rereading never gives you that "new-words-high" excitement. Perhaps I could read all of it but the last chapter - so I don't ever really finish it?

oh - on a side note - according to the sitecounter it looks like I'm up to 3,050 visits - I passed 3,000 without evening knowing it! how exciting! I would would have never guessed that so many people have pinged "Brina Bat" if I had not gotten a counter (thanks Laura!) And Thank you thank you thank you for your patronage and comments - comments most of all!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take into account the automated script that I've written that visits your blog once an hour every hour for the past several weeks?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Ha ha ha... I hope not! But if so - now you'll have to write one for all my friends you know.

Now go read some Harry Potter!

please.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I read somewhere the other day (I think on Mugglenet, so in that case it's probably trustworthy) that the last word is no longer "scar," tho it is still on the last page. Hmmmmm......I'll be in line at Barnes & Noble with you in spirit Friday night!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reviewing book 6 too! I would recommend just re-reading that last couple chapters if you're short on time... start where they're in the cave and return to the castle. That should refresh your memory enough! I just got a notice from Amazon.com that "my order is being processed" so I'm expecting my book to arrive on my doorstep sometime on Saturday! Ah, no lines with screaming children... Hee hee hee! I know what I'll be doing on Sunday!! :-) I hope you and Paul and getting two copies...

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger M.C. said...

I'm going to be waiting in line, but at Borders. Jonathan is hooking me up with his giant sound proof head phones and his iPod so that I remain spoiler free that night.

I'm not dressing up, but I will be wearing my Slytherin ringer shirt and the Prisoner of Azkaban Slytherin scarf I knitted last year.

I am so excited!!!!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

I caved in and ended up buying the 6th book - so I can "read" while I do some mindless work at work.

A - interesting to hear about scar not being the last word... hmmm. I think I'll open the book to the very last page and report back at Midnight.

J - I think I'll call your cell and read you the first page - before it gets delivered to you!

C - We haven't got a Borders - but B&N does it up right though. I will be wearing my pre-first movie WB Harry Potter shirt and my Hermione wand. I'll even wear my hair down - Hermione style - I have Granger hair anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home