Sunday, June 17, 2007

RAR Birthday

Got a call from FedEx late last week. The gal told me I had a 17lb package from Design Within Reach. Hmmmm.... I wondered. Could it be? Would it be an early birthday present from my folks? I drove out to Madison to pick it up since I'd only get a window of 3 hours time for delivery - and they could not release it without a signature.

I had to open the box to put it in the car. And there it was, nestled lightly in bubble wrap - The Eames Molded Plastic Rocker - RAR (rocking armchair rod), designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1948 - a licensed reproduction by Herman Miller - producers of the original fiberglass molded version some 50 years ago. Ab-Sol-Ute-ly Beeaau-Ti-Ful!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

that. is. COOL. it is so . ..sabrina. it just screams your name!!! SO FUN!! So is it from your parents?

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the coolest rocking chair I've ever seen.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Laura - Yes - my WONDERFUL parents sent it to me! They are SO cool!

Elizabeth - not only is it a really nice design - but it is SUPER comfortable. Its small and fits my height - my feet rest flat on the floor and when sitting in it- it rests back a bit on the rockers - and when you rock you can rock WAY back without falling over.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Anne said...

How neat is that?! And it's so you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home