Thursday, May 17, 2007

Strawberry Pickin'


Last Sunday Paul and I drove out to Reeve's Peach Orchard (and Strawberry Patch) to pick some of the most delicious strawberries I've in in quite some time. Ripe & red all the way through and sweeeeeeet . They were ranked up there with Plant City strawberries. I ate a bunch of whole strawberries and then we chopped up the rest with a sprinkling of sugar so they'd make juice. We ate some of the juicy batch and froze two ziplocs for later. We're planning on going back this Saturday for some more. I have a cookbook amidst my 50+ called Stawberry Sensations that has all kinds of strawberry recipes. There are strawberry pancakes and a strawberry pound cake that I'm definitley going to try out, and I might even try my hand at preserves too!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Looks like fun. I haven't been strawberry picking in ages....and that was probably in Plant City! :)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

oooooh yum yum!!!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

oh yum! I love strawberries!!! They're my favorite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home