Monday, February 26, 2007

Light with Ice and Curls


Sunday was a beautiful day here in the Tennessee Valley. In the later afternoon as I was diligently working away on the next issue of the Huntsville Grotto Newsletter, and then I got distracted by the light play off my grandmother's glass mobile and the window and the shadows were just so beautiful I had to take a picture of it...

And then today for some reason I decided to go curly. Well I guess I decided to go curly on Saturday night because I left the curlers in for 24 hours, and when I took them out this morning I decided to document them - because I curl my hair like once every... oh... every 7 years. I can even tell you the last time I curled my hair was for the opening of HUE Design at the new office - which was in 1999 or 2000? So since I curl my hair once every seven years I figured it deserved a pic.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Bo said...

Indeed, very becoming.

Looks vaguely like you're up to something, though--something in the composition and/or your expression. Was that intentional?

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like she is contemplating whether to bite someone. Oh, that would be me. Yikes!!!!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Bo said...

What would life be without a little peril? :-)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Hmmm. When am I not up to something?
No really - (no need for panic Paul)

To answer Bo's question - No, it was not really intentional. There was a pool of light coming in from the front window that looked really welcoming - as morning light always does. So I set my tripod up on the floor and snapped about 10 pics or so. I was guessing on where exactly I'd end up in the frame. Others weren't as interesting, either I was in all shadow, or at an odd angle. I liked this on the best because my curls are in focus and my face is just barely out of focus.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

ohhhh beanie, how i miss you. seems to me this self portrait would have been more successful, had you been on the beach WAY too early in the morning, in the freezing cold, which your crazy roomie. ahhhh, memories. Sigh. Miss you, and wish i was there to mess with your curly hair! :)(I am sure Paul enjoyed seeing you walking around in curlers for 24 hours.)

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your hair looks really good curly! You should do that every day with a curling iron. You'd only have to get up a few hours earlier. ;-) And yes, it does look like you're about to bite Paul...

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

LOVE IT!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home