Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Christmas Stick, etc.

So I have a few nice, rather random photos to share of recent memories.

First is the Christmas Stick:


Paul and I decided it would be rather horrible to buy a Christmas tree and only enjoy it for a few days, so we decorated my stick. It's a nice tree-like stick that I'll decorate in whatever holiday decor is deemed appropriate. It did rather well for an impromptu Christmas tree, and looked nice in its coat of white lights.

Second is Paul in Oneanta:


Paul and my Mom and Dad and I went to Oneanta while they were visiting us the week before Christmas, and I caught Paul leaning up against the corner of a little alley way.

The third is fairly recent, last Tuesday's sunset, at 5:25 pm:


This view was taken whilst sitting in my car in the hikers parking lot in between Monte Sano and Green Mountain.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the Christmas stick! Our first married Christmas, Lea had an artfully arranged collection of sticks in a glass jar, and decided to string red lights on them, complete with a big pile of red lights in the bottom of the jar as well. It was a marvelous emblem of our first Christmas together, and I thought of it immediately seeing your picture.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas stick... that's funny! And not a bad idea! I didn't put up our fake Christmas tree this year because our cats would have destroyed it (and all the ornaments) in about 2 milliseconds! Maybe I'll try something like that next year. The lights are the best part anyway! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home