Thursday, January 18, 2007

Blast from the Past #30




On Dad's and Dogs:
I never really made it specific as to whose past I needed to cover, now did I? I have a bit of a yesterday & today, from my Dad's past. The first photo is with his dog Nebakanezer, Neb for short, before my parents were married, so that would put it a bit before 1974. I've heard that Neb slept with my father every night. There was a family rumor that he wasn't going to marry my Mom till Neb died. Well, the dog died and he finally married my Mom. There's another rumor that my Mom hired a doggy hit squad. But I'm pretty sure that is just a rumor. The second photo was taken just this past Christmas. That's my Dad and Honey, his mother's dog. Honey has claimed my father as her human and lives with my parents now. Haven't heard any other rumors.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Brina I never would have known it was your dad-with a beard! A young Tom Selek (sp?)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

My Dad had always had a beard. I asked him for his beard for my 16th Birthday.
I got his beard wrapped up in a box with a ribbon! And he's been clean-shaven ever since!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Dan and Joy said...

Cute pictures B. I sooo remember when he shaved his beard. Has it really been thirteen years? Miss you!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! How cute Mr. XXXXX Will there be a Mommy post sometime?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Anne said...

How cool does your dad look! I too, remember the beard, but I didn't know he'd wrapped it up for your birthday. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home