Wednesday, January 31, 2007

1 Year of Blogging

Today is my one year blogging aniversary! I hope I have kept my readers entertained. I not only post photos and thoughts here on "Brina Bat," but I keep a small written journal. The internet is the the way to connect with friends, family and even people I'll never meet; but there's nothing like spilling india ink thoughts onto fine-lined paper to connect with yourself. I write to organize the details of my life, to remember and preserve them on paper, to share them with others, to brainstorm ideas and projects, and to discover myself.

What's in My Journal

Odd things, like a button drawer. Mean
Things, fishhooks, barbs in your hand.
But marbles too. A genius for being agreeable.
Junkyard crucifixes, voluptuous
discards. Space for knickknacks, and for
Alaska. Evidence to hang me, or to beatify.
Clues that lead nowhere, that never connected
anyway. Deliberate obfuscation, the kind
that takes genius. Chasms in character.
Loud omissions. Mornings that yawn above
a new grave. Pages you know exist
but you can't find them. Someone's terribly
inevitable life story, maybe mine.


by William Stafford, from Crossing Unmarked Snow. © University of Michigan Press.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Bo said...

Congratulations! It's comforting to see some other clearly hip person was almost as late to the blogging party as I was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home