Thursday, November 09, 2006

So much to Post, So little time!

Hello all, Glad to see my last post question was finally answered by a few people! I never answered my own question which really isn't fair, is it? So what would I do if I could not fail? A Lot. First I would study to become an archaeologist, a web-design, an industrial designer and letterpress operator and learn how to blow glass and play the drums while I'm at it, then I would travel the entire world on assignment, visiting the most remotely beautiful and untouched places, with all the great cities of the world in between, pick up about 10 different languages in the process, stop in to help excavate a new complex of tombs in the Valley of the Kings, run by Letchagia to help sketch a few miles of passage for them, design some amazingly modern furniture and items for Knoll, pick up new drumming techniques in Africa, do some Millefiori in Murano, Italy, and all the while sending my articles and photography (and recordings for NPR) back to National Geographic where (of course) they'd be waiting to publish them. I would write a book about my adventures with lots of my pen and ink drawings, paintings, etc., and with the profit, set up a studio and art gallery, and buy a letterpress with tons of type where I could dabble in art, craftyness, modern design, printing and teach kids and adults art and craftyness and design.

Phew.

There is more, but I don't want to be responsible for anyone's mind exploding.

I have so much more to post right now, but everything is in different stages of moving in and moving out all over the place that I don't have my computer in a place to upload the photos I have on it. I have plenty of photos to do another "This Old House" post. The remodeling of Paul's house is almost almost complete! We have new flooring. Things have to moved back in and around and cleaned up, trim needs to be painted and tacked down - but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer...

And then I have some caving photos too, and quite a lot of good links to add and change out. Hopefully by next week some items will be pseudo-put-back-together-again so I will be able to post some more photos.

For now, here's one photo that Paul had of the new kitchen flooring.

2 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

ooooh i love the yellow walls and the floor too!!! looks good!!! :)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

Thanks Laura!
Will post some more photos of the completed projects in the next few weeks..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home