Saturday, August 19, 2006

Slacker Salmon Veggie Crepes

So I have been such a blog slacker of late because work has been so crazy hectic and I just haven't wanted to even touch the computer when I get home in the evening. Or I'm not home at all in the evenings. Last Monday my boss sat us down for a staff meeting and then told us we all needed to slow the personal email and internet use. Hence - I've kind of felt bad about sneak blogging at work, so I haven't done it. Believe me - its not a lack of fun things I doing - that's for sure! So I'm going to try to make it up to all of you with lots of updates of what I've been doing in the next few days.

The first step of which will be to dazzle you with my culinary genius! (HA HA!) No really, Paul and I made up this recipe a few weeks ago - and when we realized just how tasty it was we wrote it down really quickly so we could share it. If you like salmon - its simply divine. So if anyone is brave enough to test it out - you'll have to let me know how it turned out and if you'd recommend it.

Salmon Veggie Crepes

Makes about six crepes

Over medium heat in an iron skillet saute the following in extra virgin olive oil:
1 / 2 white onion coarsely chopped
1 / 2 container fresh mushrooms - sliced

While the onion and mushrooms are sauteing, prepare the following by chopping finely:
One-handful baby carrots

Add the carrots to saute and stir.

Wash and scrub one yellow squash and one zucchini squash - do not peel.
Coarsely shred the two squash

Finely chop the following:
Three sprigs fresh thyme
Three fresh basil leaves

When onions are clear, add 1 / 2 cup milk to pan with mushrooms, carrots and onions.

Add zucchini, yellow squash, thyme and basil tosaute saute, stir.

Add to saute:
1 / 8 teaspoon coarse garlic (dried)
1 / 4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 pinch all purpose seasoning
2 Tablespoons capers
1 / 4 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Mix in a bowl, 1 can of 15 ounce Pink Salmon and one 8-ounce Philadelphia cream cheese.

Once milk and vegetables begin to bubble, place salmon and cheese in pan.

Stir continuously until mixture is smooth.

Prepare ready to eat crepes (We found some Melissa's brand in the fruit and veggie section of our local target) at room temperature on plates. Arrange a handful of fresh spinach leaves lengthwise in the middle of each crepe.

Spread 3/4 to 1 cup of Salmon vegetable mixture on top of spinach and crepe.
Sprinkle with finely shredded mozzarella cheese.
Wrap crepe and stick together by slightly wetting surface.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, that sounds so yummy! I think I'll have to look for some crepes and try that... Have fun at the cave rescue class!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry, that was Jennifer commenting, the little identify thingy messed up.

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds wonderful :)creative use of the crepe - the other s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home