Thursday, August 10, 2006

Blast From the Past Thursday #23


Nearly 10 years ago to the day this impressed on me the importance of not wasting any time, of not wasting any life. I think its part of the reason why I don't like sitting still for too long - there's much to much to be explored and enjoyed and experienced to just sit at home watching TV. I hand copied it on August 13th, 1996 so I could commit it to memory. And then I decided to hang it up where I would see it everyday as a reminder to "Carpe Diem!" It hung for all 4 years in my Flagler College dorm room right above my desk, and then on the wall at home for a while and now it hangs on my wall at work. Some days it blends in with the notes, phone number list, checklists, ToDo's and calendar on my office wall. But every few days I'll read it again. This was one of those days.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am getting old August 13, 1973 I starting working. Of course Mark and Louise were married on the 11th. hint hint little brother don't forget to call them.
Da BIG Brother

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

awwww, i remember seeing that hanging on the wall every day for three years. sigh.
miss you.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Karisse said...

Hey bean...
thanks for my artichoke card! I loved it! Thanks for thinking of me! I also LOVE the scallop picture below. Great shot!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger xwoz said...

I like how you have this that tells you to have lots of fun and live free and you blurr out your last name! DUH - it's BAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home