Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sinking into Never


I finished this painting of Neversink last Sunday (started/finished it while I was stuck recouping at home), probably the first real painting I've done in a few years. I've done some pen and inks, but haven't gotten to sit down and use brushes in a long while, and probably one of a handful of watercolors I've done. The last one I can recall was of the Ponce de Leon Hotel courtyard a good 7 or 8 years ago. Watercolors always seem so weak, not bold enough - but this subject was perfect for them - what with the sky/trees being washed out into white. It had to be either watercolor or airbrush and I'm not quite set up to do airbrushing yet. It's about 2 feet wide by 3 feet tall. I'm planning on sending this off to the Speleoart exhibit in Bellingham Washington for the NSS Convention they are having next month. Still working on a title - the best I've come up with is "Sinking into Never," but I'm for any suggestions!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

SABRINA!!!! its beautiful!!!!!! tell me dear, any GESSO under that painting!? :)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

No No Gesso... just some really expensive watercolor paper that still warped even though it was really thick.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Karisse said...

Wow...this is beautiful! =)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jennifer Redstreake Geary said...

OMG, that is gorgeous, Brina! You better be painting MORE after this because I want to have an original by you someday! You will be famous! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home