Friday, July 14, 2006

HCRU Tyrollean


So Laura was asking me what I was up to this weekend and when I told her I was going to go do the HCRU (Huntsville Cave Rescue) Tyrollean, she asked me what a tyrollean was. I tried to send her a little diagram I drew up real quick (you'll have to click on the above image to be able to read it), but it didn't go through. So I said hang on - I can post it! And everyone will know what I'll be up to on Saturday. Technically its a high line above the falls, but its always been called a tyrollean. You put a harness on and then clip into a 2 inch pulley that's on the rope strung across the falls and then you pretty much walk off of a cliff - more like run off... but you get the picture. You brake a bit by tapping the rope behind you and then there are "catchers" on the low side to help you off the rope. Better than any roller coaster adrenaline rush for sure! I'll probably rappel both side of the cliff face also and maybe go for a swim if its hot out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

oh MYYYYYYYYy. i think i see what a tyrollean is now. WOW!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

You are a brave lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home