Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blast from the Past Thursday #16



Here's a little flash back to some good times. The rush and craze of backstage - opening night - the curtain rising - the rush of adrenaline - the sweltering hot of the Winter Haven Women's Club - the nasty pancake makeup - Mr. Fritz's angry face and broken pencils - the late, late nights (long before any of us discovered coffee) - the laughter - the cast parties - so much to remember, so many friends to miss from far away.

What? The cast and crew of the Neil Simon play, "Fools"
Where? Back stage in the kitchen/dressing room of the Winter Haven Women's Club, a historical theatre that's on the National Registry.
Why? We were just cool like that.
When? This would be the summer after our freshman year of college, so 1997.
How? I think there were probably a few stepped on toes

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

i am thinking that maybe i took that picture!!! Ahhh, memories! How odd that I was even there for all that! So glad I gained my bestest roomie and so many fabulous friends from you crazy group of lakeland people! i will forever be thankful for the journey that brought me to you!! (Ooooh now I sound like a country song! YICK!)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Fun Times!!! :)

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a split second I thought that was me in the back on the right, but it's Senaca....I did come to see that show, though.

Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home