Thursday, May 25, 2006

Blast from the Past Thursday #15



What? Christin and Joy striking a pose in Black and White. I took quite a few roles of Black and White in my non-digital days.
I LOVE B&W film. So crisp and pure - time tested and true to the art of photography.

Where? On the 2nd floor hallway of the Ponce deLeon Hotel - otherwise known as the girls dormitory of Flagler College. Joy and I's old room #283 is right behind and to the right of me - the one who took the photo.

Why? Probably because I asked them to pose - or "Vogue"

When? Christin and Adam and I think a few others came up to visit Chris and Joy and I at Flagler the first year we were there - so this is definitely my freshman year of college - so that would be 1996 or 1997.

How? See above answer to "Why?"

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

hehe! Very cute picture! :)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

The second I looked at your B&W picture I instantly thought of a color somewhat akin to "toothpaste blue" and then the next second it dawnded on me it was FLAGLER and I realized why I was brought back to that God forsaken color! =)I miss Flagler. But hey...you lived somewhere else besides 1st Floor Ponce West #180??? That is sacralidge! (spelled wrong, I'm sure!)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

karisse - i know, right? how wrong is THAT? she didn't REALLY live anywhere else, because she wasn't really livin' till she lived with MEEEEEEEEEEE. god bless First West. Ya just gotta miss that place, toothpaste blue and all. Ahhhhh. Umm. Okay. Sad now. Sigh.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

I really wouln't say toothpaste blue -personally it reminded me of the color they paint swimming pools - I betcha they got a discount on the paint!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Dan and Joy said...

Hey now you two, I know this is a little late but she did live with me (okay was a suite mate to me) first. I should know... I ran back into the flames of death for her one fatefull night. And managed to pull the curlers out of my hair before ending up outside where people might see me at 3am! Love y'all!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

flames of death? (A might bit dramatic, but still...)
We should clarify that there was quite a lot of smoke in the hallway - but Joy did come back for me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home