Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blast From the Past Thursday #12




What? This is photo of my Dad's totally sweet ride - A 1956 Lincoln Continental Mark II. Here are some specs on it: 368 c.i., V8 engine, Turbo-Drive 3-speed automatic, power steering, power brakes, power windows, Red and white leather upholstery, Air conditioning (pretty cool for 1956!), Length: 218.5" (18' 2.5"), Width: 77.5" (6' 5.5"), Height: 56" (4' 8"), Weighing in at 5100 lbs - that's 2.5 tons!!

Where? In the circle of my parents house, Lakeland, FL.

Why? Cars like this are a thing of beauty - and deserve photos. They don't make them like this anymore - and my father is OC about his. (ie. - this paint job - has never seen a drop of water - from sprinklers or clouds)

When? Just about two years ago in the summer time when I was home in Lakeland. I hadn't gotten to ride in it since I was a kid, and my Dad had finally gotten it up and running again after a long garage hiatus.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

cool ride!! i never knew that was hidden away in your garage! super fun!!!!

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing the ladies didn't know it was there. I can just picture the scene from Animal House.
Da BIG brother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home