Friday, March 10, 2006

Gary Cotney



Thursday Afternoon:

It is with an extremly heavy heart that I write this
message to all of you.
And right now I think I still don't believe it but my
mind is trying to get a handle on it.

Paul just called me and told me that Gary's mother had
called him a few minutes ago and told him that Gary
was dead. He hadn't shown up for work this morning, so
someone went to chekc on him and they found him.

Paul and I had just seen Gary this past Saturday and
Sunday. We went to visit Paul's family in St. Louis
and Gary came along with us to a party Saturday night
and then spent the day with us on Sunday, hiking and
geocaching. And he seemed fine. As far as I could
tell there was nothing wrong with him. Adn when they
found him he was jsut sitting at his computer. We had
a great time. I just didn't know it was the last time
I would ever see him.

Please keep his family in your thoughts.
Sabrina

Friday Night:

Dear All,

Paul and I just got a call from Gary's brother John.
They've made final arrangements to bring him home to
Alabama.

The Visitation will be this coming Wednesday the 15th
from 6-8pm at Laughlin-Service, 2320 Bob Wallace
Avenue, Huntsville (534-2471)

The Funeral will be the next day, Thursday at Hope
Presbyterian Church at 10 am, 10001 Baily Cove Road -
corner of Weatherly and Baily Cove (881-4673)

We're pulling together some photos of Gary caving and
hiking for his mother and family, so if anyone has any
photos of Gary please send them on to me.

Thanks guys,
Sabrina

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

beanie, I am so sorry about your friend Gary. i'm thinking about you! lots of hugs,

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers to all of you over the next days and weeks. If you need anything, even to talk just holler.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jennifer Redstreake Geary said...

I hope you are feeling better and that you keep your chin up. You can call me anytime, ya know! Be strong, you will always have him with you in your thoughts, your heart and your photos :-)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Karisse said...

Bean, I'm so sorry. I know that words don't really make anything better, but know that I'm thinking about you and keeping everyone in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home