Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blast from the Past Thursday #7

You know the expression "between a rock and a hard place" well I'm there, right now I'm there. But for me I'm between a Visitation and a Funeral. And my thought keep rolling over in my head to Gary - my caving buddy. And I miss him dearly already. I met Paul and Gary the very same day, and within about an hour and a half I had borrowed Gary's gear and was on rope for my very first time, Paul talking me over the edge and Gary bottom belaying me, just in case. I've never lost a best friend before. Being an only child makes your friends your family, at least for me anyway. I know I've said that before to some of you. I hope I've said it more than once or even twice. Let people know that you love them, don't be afraid that they might think you silly. Tell them while they can still hear you, and love you back, because you just never know.


What? Ed, Gary (hanging upside down) and Conant right after Gary came across the HCRU Tyrolean

Where? DeSoto Falls State Park

Why? For the adrenaline rush, and because its WAY cool! And because we're crazy enough to do it!

When? Last year, summer time

How? Nylon rope with a lot of tension, and a deep breath just before you step off the edge

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

oh beanie i love you and wish i could give you a big hug, a big block of your favorite stinky cheese, and then i would throw myself down on my bunk bed to have a big fat tantrum - because i know it would make you smile. hugs to you my sweetest roomie. you are forever my family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home