Saturday, February 18, 2006

I'm Little So What

So my Dad sent me a wonderful citrus care package from Lakeland - full of all different kinds of interesting citrus fruits, and regular oranges, tangerines and lemons. About 50% of the fruit had what they were written in magic marker on them - Navel Orange our tree, Limequat, Sanbocan and Honduran Grapefruit and then about 25% of them had mesages like - Best before 8 am, Eat Me I'm no Junk, Prize inside, I love you, Open Other End, This is a camera orange say cheese, Not safe at any speed, and my favorite one...


This little guy is a Honduran Grapefruit and if you haven't ever tried one (and if you can find one to try) it is the sweetest most delicious grapefruit I've ever had! It doesn't have the typical grapefruit tang at all, very sweet flavor with just a hint of tart for a finish. (Sounds like I'm describing wine, doesn't it?) Its about the size of an average tangerine and the inside flesh is white/yellow and has quite a lot of seeds throughout for something so small.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Laura Williams said...

that makes me miss us living together and getting packages from your parents. they are just so simply unique, thoughtful, and fun, and i am happy that you inherited all their wonderful qualities! i miss you!!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is adorable. of course, now i have to find one and consume it. eeeeee!!! so cute!!!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Brina Bat said...

I can put you on the list with Kelli. I saved the seeds so I am going to try adn grow one!! It'll be about 10 years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home