Friday, February 03, 2006

Collector of Quotes #1

I love quotes, and fancy myself a collector (if one can indeed collect words). I have a hand-written book just for quotes that I have kept for about 10 years. When I stumble upon one that makes me laugh or smile or makes me just think, I write it down and then copy it later into the book. My favorite quotes are the ones that get under your skin, the ones that you ponder and repeat and mill over in your head for an entire day, only to find them again teasing your brain as you drift off to sleep. A little Kat gave me one just this morning:

"Are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?" - Mary Oliver

Something to think over on a Friday. The weekend it almost upon us all. Try something new and different this weekend. If you're right handed brush your teeth with your left hand. Go somewhere you've never been, start a project, finish a project, cook something different for dinner, pick a place on the map an hour away and just go there to see what's there!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like maybe Scarce Grease Alabama?

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about "Scarce Grease Alabama" (Hi Paul!), but I love the site. Thursday's pic was definately a blast. Thanks for putting things out there in space we may actually learn something interesting from! You have a true gift of seeing the world with wonder. This is my first ever blog posting. Want more, want more! Much love-jennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home