Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Good View

So I finally thought of what I wanted to show you all for my first true post on my lunch break.
Its simply a beautiful day here - low humidity - not a cloud in the sky - cool and crisp - "sweater weather" as my folks call it.



I drove up to the top of Monte Sano to enjoy one of my favorite views for a few minutes and then played with stitching the photos into a panorama here at work (I know, shame on me!) to show you what it really looks like!



I've stood in the little parking lot quite a few times for thoughtful contemplation, or a picnic on the bench nearby with Paul, and have shared the view with all friends who come visit me. Just about everytime I have been there I've seen people drive up, pause for about a minute, sometimes not even bothering to roll down their windows and then drive on off. Everytime a little voice inside me says - "You need to run up to their car - pound on the hood - and scream 'Get out of your darn car! This isn't McDonalds!'" I haven't actually done it of course, But I sure do want to. This vista has to be soaked up without windows or a door frame in the way, needs to be touched with the eyes, sampled with sunlight, tasted like blue cotton candy sky.

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home